Monday, December 1, 2008

My Latest Finished Design Job




I am finally posting photo's from the baby room that I have been working on! This is one of my clients that I have been working with since her house was in the construction stage. I is so gratifying to follow a job all of the way through!!!

This is the new baby's room! The design of the room started with the furniture which she already had from her son and the bedding.

My favorite part of the room is the window treatments!!!!!! We looked all over for the perfect fabric and we found the perfect one but it was way too expensive for a baby room. She really wanted a "silk" look. One of the fabric showrooms in town that we went to wouldn't even let us look at her silk collection because she said that "silk in a child's room was not practical." So what did we do? We drove over to JoAnne Fabrics and bought the silk there!! She forgot that the customer is always right! If a client wants silk then she gets silk. She really missed out on a sale.

I designed these window treatments with large grommets instead of rings and a beautiful beaded trim along the seam at the top. They turned out so wonderful!!!! I love them.

I also installed two decals in this room. One being the "tree of life" that you see over the bed.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...