Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Craigslist Worked for Me!

A few weeks before moving day I started getting antsy. We had accumulated many items over the years that we would no longer be needing AND I absolutely did not want to move some of the beasts again. Speaking of beasts, here is one now:



My mom gave me this desk when we lived in Mishawaka. It is actually a portion of the cabinetry that was removed from her former dental office during an office remodel. So it is not an official piece of furniture. Just three separate pieces when put together works well as a desk. It worked great for me all through design school and Phil used it during law school. That being said, we knew that this would be the last time we wanted to move it! It is really heavy and takes up a lot of space. So my solution was to post it for sale on a website called craigslist. I listed it for $10 cash and we had a buyer the next day that took it away in his truck!

The other beast that I was losing sleep over was this guy:



I really needed to get rid of the stackable washer and dryer before we moved because we had these waiting for us at our new house:


Our stackable served us well for a month shy of 4 complete years! We used that thing as a full size and we did TONS of laundry. I washed cloth diapers every other day in that washer.

I listed it on craigslist and I had a lot of interest. No one wanted to commit though and I wanted cash in my hand. The timing ended up working out perfectly. The Friday of Phil's MBA graduation a man, that had contacted us from Martinsville, came to our place to buy it! He brought his brother and $350.00 cash! He said that he was remodeling his bathroom and needed to steal some space from the laundry room to make it bigger. Now that the laundry room was smaller he needed a much smaller washer and dryer.

I took this photo of the brothers loading it up into their truck in the rain. I loved the whole sale including this part when Phil AND HIS OWN BROTHER held umbrellas over the Martinsville brothers so that they could tie the washer down to the truck in the rain!

Brothers!

1 comment:

guppy and the worm said...

Thats a great photo of the brothers!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...