Tuesday, December 7, 2010

I Can't Believe You're 3


What a big boy you are!


Luke turned 3 the Saturday after Thanksgiving!


I am reminded every day just how much you are NOT a baby anymore!


No more diapers, pacifiers, bibs, cribs, and baby carriers.


Welcome art projects, workbook pages, basketball, golf, drums, trains, action figures, matchbox cars, and super heros.


Oh, and backpacks. He loves to pack up his backpack to go on an adventure.


39 3/4 " tall (93%)
35 lbs. (85%)
BMI (40%)

You really are a BIG boy! The doctor said that you are perfectly proportioned! She said that your teeth looked nice, your ears looked great, and she was tickled by your cleverness.


Your daddy and I already thought those things plus MORE!


We love you and are so proud of you!


I was on cloud-9 after your 3 year check-up.

Well visits are good for parents too.

It is amazing to know that you are growing and developing despite my novice parenting!


It is fun that you have your own personality, character, and interests. You can do it on your own as you have to remind me from time to time.


Sorry, I am just used to doing it all for you...but you are your very own person.

What a relief!

It is refreshing to know that in some areas you need me less and in some new areas you need me more! I say bring it on.


Happy Birthday Big Boy Luke!

3 comments:

Tina said...

Happy Birthday, Lukey!

guppy and the worm said...

This was such a great tribute to Lucas for his 3rd Birthday!! Loved it! Lucas is very clever and we really had a ball with him the other night! Love, Grandma Fish

Lisa said...

Clever is a word I would use to describe Luke but as you said he is that and sooooooo much more. What a good job you and Phil have done with him! Happy 3rd Birthday Luke! You are AMAZING!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...