Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Hashbrown Casserole


I am so thankful for my recipe box of recipes that were supplied to me at one of my wedding showers! Each guest brought a recipe to put in my box. I have tried almost every one! This one is from my cousin Sara Sparks.

Hash Brown Casserole is one of those recipes that literally everybody LOVES! This is a hit at carry-ins and family gatherings. Two words: COMFORT FOOD

Ingredients:

2 lb. bag of hash browns (cubed or shredded) thawed
1 can cream of chicken soup (or make your own)
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 tsp. minced onion
1 pt. sour cream
2 cups grated cheddar

Mix together all of the ingredients except the hash browns in a large mixing bowl. Add the thawed hash browns and fold the potatoes into the mix.

Bake in a greased 9 1/2 x 11 baking dish at 350 degrees for a least an hour.

Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.

Make this for your man...boys LOVE potatoes! It's all American.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...